Social Adult Day Program Manager
The Hebrew Home at Riverdale (HHAR) and Services & Advocacy for GLBT Elders (SAGE) were recently awarded funding by the New York State Department of Health to establish the nation’s first Medicaid eligible, LGBT centered social model adult day health program. Set to launch in October 2014, the program model will focus on education, promoting awareness and providing direct care and support to Medicaid eligible LGBT older adults in New York City.
To that end, HHAR and SAGE are looking to bring on a team of dedicated and dynamic employees to launch this historic initiative. The Social Adult Day Manager (also known as “Program Manager”) will lead the efforts of the team, and have oversight and responsibility for all aspects of the program planning and implementation.
- Oversight of day-to-day operations of the program
- Compiling statistical and budgetary reports
- Oversee design of program components
- Communication with vendors on behalf of the program
- Supervise team members (outreach, recreation and clerical staff)
- Lead marketing and community outreach efforts
- Represent program externally with providers
- Liaison between HHAR and SAGE
- Experience working in Adult Day Health (social or medical model) preferred
- Experience working with older adults and/or in the LGBT community
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Masters Degree/ MSW preferred. Will consider Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) with relevant experience.
Related Skills or knowledge:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with good organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Medicaid systems and aging network.
- Understanding of data collection as it pertains to NYS DOH a plus.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent employer-paid benefits package, generous vacation.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications by August 31, 2014, but applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Send cover letter and resume by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.