Social Adult Day, Outreach Coordinator
The Hebrew Home at Riverdale (HHAR) and Services & Advocacy for GLBT Elders (SAGE) were recently awarded funding by the New York State Department of Health to establish the nation’s first Medicaid eligible, LGBT centered social model adult day health program. The program model will focus on education, promoting awareness and providing direct care and support to Medicaid eligible LGBT older adults in New York City.
SAGE is looking to bring an Outreach Coordinator that will lead the efforst around marketing the program and building relationships with other providers that lead to successful recruitment and enrollment of Day Center Participants. This position is Temp to Perm position with a 30 hours work week.
- Lead in marketing and community outreach efforts
- Build and maintain census for SADC program
- Manage existing relationships with new and existing referral sources
- Attend network events and build business relationships through a variety of methods, including social media.
- Experience working in Adult Day Health (social or medical model) preferred
- Experience working with older adults and/or in the LGBT community
- Prior experience with outreach and marketing (e.g. developing outreach plans) preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) preferred. Will consider H.S. diploma or some college with relevant experience.
Related Skills or knowledge:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and comfort with public speaking.
- Self-starter with good organizational and time management skills.
- Some computer knowledge/skills
- Preferably bilingual speaking
- Must have outreach experience
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Send cover letter and resume by e-mail to Frederick Pena at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.