Services and Advocacy for GLBT Elders (SAGE) is the country's largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is a national organization that offers supportive services and consumer resources to LGBT older adults and their caregivers, advocates for public policy changes that address the needs of LGBT older people, provides education and technical assistance for aging providers and LGBT organizations through its National Resource Center on LGBT Aging, and cultural competence training through SAGECare. With offices in New York City, Washington, DC and Chicago, SAGE coordinates a growing network of 30 SAGE affiliates in 20 states and the District of Columbia.
The Database Manager plays a key role in the successful operation of the Development Department which includes: Individual Giving (Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Membership), Institutional Giving (Foundation and Corporate), Planned Gifts and Special Events. The Database and Individual Giving Manager supervises the Development Associate and Development Intern(s). In addition, the Database Manager is responsible for creating, strategizing, executing and monitoring SAGE’s direct response fundraising program.
Data Management and Gift Processing:
- Manage all daily operations of the Raiser's Edge database.
- Maximize the development department’s access to and use of data.
- Provide technical support on Raiser's Edge.
- Ensure quality control in all data and consistency in processing standards.
- Generate fundraising and revenue reports and queries.
- Generate all mailing lists and guest lists for the department staff.
- Supervise Development Associate, as well as any temporary or volunteer staff.
- Manage and execute data and gift entry in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Produce daily batch reports.
- Produce and mail acknowledgment letters, regularly drafting new text.
- Create donation web pages and e-appeals.
- Maintain consistent gift handling procedures.
- Maintain handbook of internal business processes, and update as needed.
- Serve as the development liaison to both the finance and IT departments.
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliation with finance.
- Manage integration of development systems with finance systems.
- Train all development staff in Raiser's Edge policies and procedures.
- Act as SAGE’s liaison to Blackbaud for all Raiser's Edge-related activities.
- Oversee miscellaneous development-related activities and requests, as assigned.
Direct Response Fundraising:
- Create, execute and manage a strategy to increase SAGE’s retention and recruitment of smaller-tier donations through email, direct mail, social media and other emerging platforms.
- Draft all appeals and corresponding appeal-specific acknowledgments.
- Maintain regular schedule of deadlines for the direct response program.
- Provide ongoing analysis and reporting on the direct response program and make adjustments to maximize revenue for SAGE.
- Produce lists and coding for all direct response appeals.
- Collaborate with other development department members on creating ad hoc appeals and digital updates.
- Extensive experience with Raiser’s Edge database OR Salesforce, preferably at the expert level.
- Salesforce experience a plus.
- Experienced in creating and maintaining Crystal Reports
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Effective management and multi-tasking skills and ability to function in fast-paced environment.
- Extremely detail oriented, organized and analytical
- Intuitive skills to discern appropriate criteria for targeted appeals
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Open communication
- Superb time management skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Positive professional demeanor
- Commitment to the mission and the goals of SAGE
Strongly Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
- Blackbaud NetCommunity and/or Blackbaud Spark experience preferred.
- Experience managing fundraising campaigns.
- An eye for compelling layout and design.
- Converting database systems a huge plus.
Job Location: New York, NY
Compensation: Depending on experience. SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume, to Dorothy Helston at firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Database Manager" in the subject line.
EOE Employer: SAGE believes in equal opportunity in employment. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, HIV serostatus, sexual orientation, veteran status, height, weight or disability. People of color, women, transgender and gender non-conforming people, older adults, poor and low-income people, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position Type: Full-time