Administrative Assistant to the Chief Program Officer
Services and Advocacy for GLBT Elders (SAGE) is the country's largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is a national organization that offers supportive services and consumer resources to LGBT older adults and their caregivers, advocates for public policy changes that address the needs of LGBT older people, provides education and technical assistance for aging providers and LGBT organizations through its National Resource Center on LGBT Aging, and cultural competence training through SAGECare. With offices in New York City, Washington, DC and Chicago, SAGE coordinates a growing network of 30 SAGE affiliates in 20 states and the District of Columbia.
Under the direction of the Chief Program Officer, the ideal candidate has the ability to work effectively and proactively in a dynamic, fast-paced executive suite. The Administrative Assistant must possess outstanding interpersonal skills, and demonstrate sound judgement and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive matters. The Administrative Assistant must be able to focus on detail without losing sight of the bigger picture, including monitoring and double-checking work and information for accuracy. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant will provide support to Programs and Services team to help organize data collection and reporting for all funding sources; as well as assist the Chief Program Officer and Programs/Services Directors with key deliverables, especially in preparing grant requests and reports for contract reporting.
The Administrative Assistant will be expected to quickly become knowledgeable about all facets of the role and the organization at large. The Administrative Assistant must possess a high degree of professionalism, tact, initiative, and diplomacy, performing all tasks for the Chief Program Officer, including:
- Complex scheduling and meeting coordination and travel arrangements
- Email, mail and phone correspondence: checking and replying
- Prepare and ensure timely mailing of letters
- Maintain electronic and paper file systems
- Serve as liaison between the Chief Program Officer and SAGE Staff
- Create and prepare SAGE materials for meetings
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Special projects as needed, including oversight and participation in organizational publications, event planning, research, strategic planning
- Serve as a direct point of contact for the Board of Directors
- Helps the collection and distribution of programs/services statistical data for reporting purposes
- Helps to comprehensively monitor means of assessment and outcome tracking
- Respond to all volunteer inquiries for the agency, including schedules and follow up with Programs and Services staff, when necessary
- Other tasks as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree (substantial work experience may be substituted), plus a minimum of three years of experience working with and supporting the operations of an Executive Officer
- Skilled at coordinating high-volume complex meeting and travel arrangements
- Ability to proactively anticipate needs and adjust processes and plans based on changing circumstances
- A high standard of work and a conscientious approach to work with the ability to meet tight deadlines, anticipate needs and be proactive to resolve issues
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities, juggle multiple tasks, organize time effectively
- Experience liaising with high-level stakeholders, including board of directors, Executive Team members, funders and decision-makers
- Ability to interact respectfully with LGBT older adults and interface easily with other SAGE constituents and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to SAGE’s mission
Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in MS office suite, especially Access, Excel, Microsoft Outlook’s calendar functions, while also quickly learning processes specific to the department. Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
Job Location: Midtown
Compensation: Salary DOE. SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume, to: Sheila Slaughter, email@example.com, with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
SAGE believes in equal opportunity in employment. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, HIV serostatus, sexual orientation, veteran status, height, weight or disability.