Digital Content Manager
Services & Advocacy for GLBT Elders (SAGE) is the country's largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is a national organization that offers supportive services and consumer resources for LGBT older adults and their caregivers, advocates for public policy changes that address the needs of LGBT older people, and provides cultural competency training for aging providers and LGBT organizations, largely through its National Resource Center on LGBT Aging and its growing social entrepreneurship project. Headquartered in New York City with additional staff in Washington, DC, Chicago, St Louis, Miami and Los Angeles, SAGE coordinates a growing network of 30 SAGE affiliates in 20 states and the District of Columbia.
SAGE's full-time Digital Content Manager is responsible for working with the Assistant Director of Communications to set and implement the strategic direction of SAGE’s various websites, online vehicles, digital campaigns and social media properties. This position is responsible for marketing SAGE's brand through SAGE's website, social media sites, interactive marketing communication vehicles, email and online marketing campaigns. In addition, this position is responsible for analyzing data to further increase SAGE’s brand and provide strategic steps for future digital strategies and adopting technology. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Communications. The Digital Content Manager will conduct day-to-day work in the areas of content creation, media relations, new and online strategies, collateral development, writing and more.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Producing content for the organization including website, social media, press and grant deliverables, including policy papers and fact sheets.
- Overseeing SAGE’s web properties. Responsible for working with SAGE’s Assistant Director of Communications to increase Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and ensure usability—accessibility for older adults, as well as adapting to design principles for younger audiences, brand adherence and communications effectiveness; ensures content is relevant, current and linked to the overall mission and positioning of SAGE.
- Managing email communications for SAGE, including producing content for the monthly e-newsletter, eSAGEMatters.
- Collaborating with and supports SAGE staff, volunteers, affiliate leaders and constituents in ensuring brand consistency across all digital/multimedia vehicles.
- Monitoring and reports key analytics and provides relevant analysis and recommendations to the Assistant Director of Communications and SAGE’s policy and communications department.
- Managing web analytics and reporting across various SAGE websites and social media channels, and regularly review and update site content—such as metadata, page content, and tags—to ensure maximum rankings for targeted keywords.
- Overseeing and implementing multiple projects simultaneously; works collaboratively as an integral player in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined integrated department.
- Additional tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Excellent writing capabilities
- Strong organizational skills
- Fluency with multitasking
- Strong creative and strategic capacity
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively under tight deadlines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related area of study or equivalent in professional setting.
- Proficiency with content management systems, such as WordPress or Typepad.
- Portfolio demonstrating at least one year of experience in written communications.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector, a plus.
- Experience with Adobe suite including Photoshop, Illustrator or related software and/or other technical tools of the trade that would benefit the department, a plus.
SAGE, 305 7th Avenue, New York, NY
Salary depends on experience. SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume and at least two writing or multimedia examples to: Christina DaCosta at email@example.com with “Staff Writer” in the subject line. Resumes without a cover letter and work samples will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.
EOE Employer: SAGE believes in equal opportunity in employment. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, HIV serostatus, sexual orientation, veteran status, height, weight or disability