Executive Assistant to the CEO
Services & Advocacy for GLBT Elders (SAGE) is the country's largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in New York City, SAGE is a national organization that offers supportive services and consumer resources for LGBT older adults and their caregivers, advocates for public policy changes that address the needs of LGBT older people, and provides cultural competency training to institutions that serve the aging and LGBT organizations, largely through its National Resource Center on LGBT Aging and its growing social entrepreneurship project. With offices in New York City, Washington, DC and Chicago, SAGE coordinates a growing network of 30 SAGE affiliates in 21 states and the District of Columbia.
Under the direction of the Chief of Staff, this full-time position will manage all aspects of the CEOs complex schedule coordination, travel logistics and other administrative tasks. The ideal candidate has the ability to work effectively and proactively in a dynamic, fast-paced executive suite. The Scheduler must possess outstanding interpersonal skills as this is a forward facing role, and demonstrate sound judgement and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive matters. S/he must be able to focus on detail without losing sight of the bigger picture, including monitoring and double-checking work and information for accuracy and quality.
The Scheduler will be expected to quickly become knowledgeable about all facets of the role and the organization at large. S/he must possess a high degree of professionalism, tact, initiative, and diplomacy, to
- Oversee and manage the CEO’s complex schedule, coordinating and confirming meetings and appointments, handling logistics (restaurant reservations, conference room reservations, travel directions, etc.)
- Reschedule meetings or appointments, as needed, to prioritize external communications needing focus and attention of CEO; use discretion to divert matters better directed to another department or staff member
- Handle travel arrangements for CEO (transportation, hotels, reimbursement documentation)
- Conduct CEO email management including screening, forwarding and responding to emails as appropriate
- Develop backgrounders for the CEO for key meetings and help ensure other SAGE participants are aware of and prepared for meetings
- Coordinate Executive Team scheduling with the support staff assigned to Executive Team members
- Provide guidance to Executive Team members on scheduling matters that require feedback from the CEO; use discretion in diverting matters not requiring the CEOs involvement
- Compile and submit CEO expense reports
- Prepare check requests and process other paperwork as needed
- Conduct research and work on other special projects for CEO as needed
- As necessary facilitate the work of the Executive Office, perform general administrative duties, including, but not limited to, screening calls, photocopying, mailings and filing
- A Bachelor’s degree (substantial work experience may be substituted), plus a minimum of three years of experience working with and supporting the operations of an Executive Officer
- Skilled at coordinating high-volume complex meeting and travel arrangements
- Ability to proactively anticipate needs and adjust processes and plans based on changing circumstances
- A high standard of work and a conscientious approach to work with the ability to meet tight deadlines, anticipate needs and be proactive to resolve issues
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities, juggle multiple tasks, organize time effectively
- Experience liaising with high-level stakeholders, including board of directors, Executive Team members, funders and decision-makers
- Ability to interact respectfully with LGBT older adults and interface easily with other SAGE constituents and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to SAGE’s mission
Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in MS office suite, especially Microsoft Outlook’s calendar functions, while also quickly learning processes specific to the department
Job Location: Midtown
Salary DOE. SAGE offers a competitive benefits package as well as an exciting and unique work environment.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
SAGE believes in equal opportunity in employment. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, HIV serostatus, sexual orientation, veteran status, height, weight or disability.