By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Services:
- to abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other SAGE Story users;
- to post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any Content that is infringing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party;
- for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. If you are an international user, you agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content;
- to post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any SAGE Story user;
- to create or submit unwanted email ("Spam") to any other SAGE Story users or any URL;
- to violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws);
- to submit stories or comments linking to affiliate programs, multi-level marketing schemes or off-topic content;
- with the exception of accessing RSS feeds, you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site;
- to advertise to, or solicit, any user to buy or sell any products or services. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent;
- attempt to impersonate another user or person;
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Site. SAGE Story reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
Services are available only to individuals who are at least 18 years old, whether acting on their own behalf or as an authorized employee or representative of a corporation or other business entity. If you do not so qualify, do not attempt to register for or use the Services.
Disclaimer regarding Professional Advice
Your use of the Site is at your own risk. The relationship between you and SAGE Story is not a physician-patient relationship or a psychotherapist-patient relationship or a priest-penitent relationship. Nothing contained in the Site is intended to be, and must not be taken to be, the practice of medicine, including, without limitation, psychology, psychiatry, or psychotherapy, or providing health care advice or instruction for diagnosis or treatment. SAGE Story does not recommend the self-management of health or mental health problems, and the SAGE Story Content is not exhaustive and does not cover all diseases, ailments, physical or mental conditions or their treatments. You should never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Site.
The content on SAGE Story, except all Submissions (defined below) is owned by or licensed to SAGE Story, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the United States and international intellectual property laws and conventions. Content on SAGE Story is provided for personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any purpose without the prior written consent of the respective owners.
You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the content other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of Submissions of third parties obtained through the SAGE Story website for any commercial purposes. SAGE Story permits the submission of text, photographs, opinions, comments and/or other forms of communication submitted by you and other users ("Submissions") and the hosting, sharing and publication of such Submissions. You agree that you are solely responsible for your own Submissions and affirm, represent, and/or warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize SAGE Story to use all patent trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the Submissions in the manner contemplated by SAGE Story.
You retain all ownership rights in your Submissions. However, by submitting the Submissions to SAGE Story, you hereby grant SAGE Story a non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Submissions in connection with SAGE Story and SAGE Story's business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of SAGE Story (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels/outlets. SAGE Story does not permit or allow copyright infringing activities and/or infringement of intellectual property rights on SAGE Story's website, and SAGE Story will remove any and all content and Submissions if properly notified that such content and/or Submission infringes on another's intellectual property rights.
The submission of content to this site must be original (not copied), in good taste, legal, accurate and true, non-defamatory, non-threatening, non-confidential, non-infringing of copyrights owned by others and relevant for this site. You certify that you have the right to submit the text and photo that you are submitting. Your submission signifies agreement to the above and that you agree to grant a royalty-free, transferable, perpetual license to publicly display your submission on this web site. You also grant this web site the right to pursue anyone who copies your submission. This site may or may not publish your story or use it to promote or provide to the media as we see fit. This includes featured articles in newspapers, magazines news stories and other media representations in print. Once stories are published, they cannot be deleted, unless you present a reason that we consider valid, as deleting a member's stories would damage the integrity of our archive and reduce the value of this resource to members and visitors.